A merry heart doeth good. Proverbs 17:22

Saturday, January 28, 2012

“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you." Exodus 20:12


On Dec. 17, 2011, my dear and loving father turned 79. Everyone in the family that can goes out to eat for my mother and daddy's birthdays. It is difficult to talk daddy into going out, but he usually gives in. He likes to go somewhere close, so we went to Winfield to the Plantation Restaurant.
I am so blessed to have such wonderful parents. My sister and I honor and respect our parents. My wish is that my children respect my husband and me as much. My parents raised us to respect authority and do what is right. My dad did not go to church when I was a child, but I knew what a good man he was by how he lived and how he treated me. My mother took my sister and me to church our whole lives. Today, my dad faithfully attends church. I will never forget the first time I heard my daddy pray on Thanksgiving, 2010. I cried because it made me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment